NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
This simple recipe comes together with only 20 minutes of prep work and combines chicken thighs with sweet yellow onions, dill pickle chips, cheddar cheese and a pre-made bourbon BBQ sloppy Joe sauce to save you time.
Good luck not reaching for seconds.
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH CHICKEN WINGS FROM A KENTUCKY CHEF: RECIPE
Pressure Cooker Bourbon BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Makes 8 Servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
No-stick cooking spray of choice
3 tablespoons butter, divided
4 cups thinly sliced sweet yellow onion (2 medium onions)
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
½ teaspoon salt
1 can (15 oz each) Manwich Bourbon BBQ Sloppy Joe Sauce or sloppy Joe sauce of choice, divided
8 burger buns
8 slices (¾ oz each) smoked Cheddar cheese
Vlasic Ovals Hamburger Dill Chips or dill pickle chips of choice, for serving
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
1. Spray electric multi-cooker pot with cooking spray. Select sauté function and add 1 tablespoon of butter and onions to the pot. Sauté 3 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. Place chicken in the pot, sprinkle with salt and pour ¾ cup Manwich sauce over the top.
2. Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select high-pressure cook function and cook for 15 minutes. When time is up, turn off multi-cooker and do a quick release of the steam. Use a slotted spoon to remove cooked chicken and onions to a bowl, leaving all liquid in the pot.
3. Boil liquid using sauté function until reduced by half and thickened, about 5 minutes. Shred chicken and return chicken and onions to pot with remaining Manwich sauce. Cook and stir until chicken is well coated with sauce, about 5 minutes.
4. Heat broiler to high. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds, until melted. Brush cut side of buns with melted butter and place on a large baking sheet. Broil until golden brown and toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove top buns from pan. Place 1 slice of cheese on each bottom bun and broil until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
5. To serve, build sandwiches with toasted buns, chicken and pickle slices. Serve immediately.
This original recipe is owned by readyseteat.com and was shared with Fox News Digital.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER